Reports to: Engineering Manager
To assist in efficiently maintaining the smooth running of all production plant and equipment, so that the Creamery remains operational, 365 days a year; and proactively contribute to ensuring maximum performance levels at the lowest unit cost, by adhering to agreed standards and working within agreed budgetary parameters.
· To contribute to ensuring the plant efficiencies are maintained at an acceptable level and pro-actively improve these efficiencies wherever and whenever possible
· To contribute to ensuring all plant breakdowns, repairs and planned maintenance are completed quickly and effectively, within agreed parameters, and with the minimum disruption to process or operation
· To ensure that all equipment (including modifications) conforms to safety regulations
· To assist with the implementation, input and updating of the planned maintenance system within the Creamery
· To maximise the use of stocks, supplies and spares for the Creamery plant and equipment, thus ensuring production efficiency and staying within budget.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
· Electrical experience and qualifications – HNC / HND plus a company trained apprenticeship, to include IEE18th Edition wiring regulations
· A working knowledge of the Dairy or FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) Industry would be an advantage, but is not essential.
· Computer literate
· Multi-skilling to include the support of pneumatic and general services would be an advantage
· Team player and develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues
· Considerate of others and creates a sense of team spirit
· Self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Able to work effectively to deadlines
· Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure
· Organises own time effectively and prioritises and prepares in advance
· Flexible attitude to meet changing business requirements.
The role is suitable for a recently qualified Electrical Technician.
Our bread with really good Manx vintage cheddar is to die for...