The Abbey Restaurant
Recipe by the Abbey Restaurant
Short crust pastry
(or shop bought is fine!)
250g plain flour
110g cold butter (diced)
2 tbsp water
pinch of salt
500g asparagus (chopped)
200ml double cream
150g Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 tbsp parsley (chopped)
1 tbsp mint (chopped)
2 tbsp spring onion (chopped)
salt and pepper
For the Pastry
1) Blitz the flour, butter and salt in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2) Add the cold water a little at a time until the pastry mix forms.
3) Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes
For the Tart
1) Preheat oven to 170oC/gas 5
2) Roll out the pastry and line a greased 25.5cm (10’’) fluted tart case. Place the pastry into the case, tapping down to ensure that it fits snugly. Chill in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
3) Once chilled, line the pastry with baking parchment and fill with either ceramic baking beans or dried pulses, then blind bake the tart case in the preheated oven for 20 minutes at 170oC.
4) Mix all the remaining ingredients together and season well with salt and pepper.
5) After 20 minutes carefully remove the baking beans and parchment, then pour the mixture into the pastry case. Cook at 170oC for a further 45 minutes until golden and slightly firm to the touch.
Salad and crème fraiche, ideally eaten straight
away, but this tart will chill well and is just as
Delivery is always on time and dependable