Annabel Gentry - Flo the Coffee Van
Flo has become somewhat of a celebrity on the Isle of Man, serving great Manx produce at events all over the Island. Here, owner Annabel shares a Flo favourite for you to make at home.
225g Laxey Glen Mills self raising flour
100g Isle of Man Creamery salted butter
1 large Manx free range egg
½ jar Purely Plants homemade strawberry jam
1) Preheat oven 180*c
2) Weigh flour into bowl and cut the Isle of Man Creameries butter into small pieces – rub into flour until golden breadcrumbs
3) Stir in sugar
4) Crack the egg into small bowl and beat with fork
5) Pour egg into flour mix in mixing bowl and use tablespoon to mix
6) Then use one hand & knead the mixture to work the dry golden breadcrumbs with the egg until it binds to form a ball
7) Lightly grease a baking tray
8) Roll mixture into 6 golf ball sized balls. Stick thumb into middle of each one
10) Spoon a teaspoon of jam into each hole.
11) Bake in oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Our bread with really good Manx vintage cheddar is to die for...