A vacancy has arisen for a full-time, permanent, Laboratory Technician within the Technical Department.
Hours of work: 6am – 3pm or 8am – 4pm on a rota basis (alternate weeks).
Monday-Friday (including bank hols except Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day)
Occasional out of hours callouts may be required in emergency situations.
Job Purpose: To maintain the day to day running of the laboratory providing an efficient and accurate testing service in compliance with CLAS standards.
What the role includes:
- Carrying out analysis, preparation, and recording of product samples, identifying anomalies.
- Reporting results to appropriate departments in a timely manner
- Monitoring and controlling the legality of all products
- Carry out calibration on analysers and accuracy monitoring checks
- Ensure the laboratory and all associated equipment is kept hygienic and tidy
- Carry out swabbing of production areas where required
What we’re looking for:
Skills, Abilities and Attitudes:
- Strong attention to detail in performance of analyses
- Able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy when conducting tests
- A working knowledge of CLAS requirements
- The ability to work logically and systematically to procedures especially under pressure
- The ability to work as part of a team or unsupervised
- The ability to clearly communicate test results both written and verbally to relevant parties
- A flexible attitude and willingness to help colleagues when required
- Committed to personal development and continuous improvement
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Basic computer skills
For more information, a full job description or to apply, please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 28th May.