Libby is mum to two lovely little girls aged two and four and the founder of Instagram page @babytoddlerfoods which has over 20,000 followers. She is based in the Isle of Man and is a fantastic supporter of local produce, using it in all her dishes!
450g wholemeal self raising flour
2 apples, grated (squeeze the grated apple to remove the juice and discard ie drink!)
1)Preheat oven to 220c (200c fan)
2) Prepare a tin with butter and flour
3) Mix the flour and cinnamon in a bowl
4) Add the butter, chopped into small pieces, and rub with fingers until breadcrumb consistency is achieved
5) Add the grated, squeezed apple and stir through with a butter knife
6) Make a well in the centre and add the buttermilk
7) Combine the buttermilk with the flour until just combined
8) Turn out onto a lightly floured surged and knead into a dough
9) Roll out into a shape similar to your pan and divide into about 12 pieces
10) Remove each piece and place into pan separately but touching again
11) Bake for about 16 minutes or util golden brown and sounding hollow when you knock on top
12) Serve warm with butter and home made refined sugar free jam
Our bread with really good Manx vintage cheddar is to die for...