Prolific baby and toddler food blogger Libby loves these easy buttermilk pancakes!
175g wholemeal self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100ml Isle of Man Creamery buttermilk
200ml Isle of Man Creamery semi-skimmed milk
1 Gellings free-range egg
50g Isle of Man Creamery butter (melted), and a little more for the frying pan
Sugar free raspberry jam ingredients
100g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
2 tbsp Manx honey
1 tbsp water
1) Combine the flour and bicarbonate in a bowl - mix well
2) Combine the milk, buttermilk, egg and melted butter in another bowl
3) Combine the wet and dry - don't over mix. It will 'fluff up'
4) Heat a little butter in a pan on a medium / high heat
5) Take 3 spoonfuls (soup spoon) of mix at at time and cook on each side until golden brown
6) Serve with homemade refine sugar free raspberry jam.
1) Bring all ingredients to the boil in an pan then simmer until thick. Be careful not to let it 'catch' and burn
2) Set aside to cool in a clean jam jar
3) Store in fridge for up to a week
Our customers love our Victoria Sandwich with Isle of Man Creamery fresh cream