Michelle Borg - The Tea Junction
Michelle Borg is the super talented pastry chef at the Tea Junction in Castle Street, Douglas. She is always coming up with magnificent cake creations which are a sweet tooth's dream!
150g Isle of Man Creamery Salted Dairy Butter
150g Isle of Man Creamery Cracked Peppercorn Mature Cheddar, grated
300g caster sugar
5 Manx free range eggs
100g Laxey Mills self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla essence
300ml Isle of Man Creamery Double Cream
2tbsp icing sugar and extra for sprinkling
1) Heat the oven to 180c. Line two 23cm round spring form tins with baking paper.
2) Cream the butter, cheese and sugar until white and fluffy. Add one egg at a time, mixing until it is well incorporated.
3) Add the vanilla essence and baking powder. Add the flour in three stages - mixing in properly after each addition.
4) Divide the mixture between both tins, place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes. Check the cakes with a skewer, if it comes out clean take them out of the oven. If not, cook for a further 10 minutes and test again.
5) Leave to cool in the tins.
6) In the meantime whip the cream with the icing sugar until you reach soft peaks, put it into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
7) To assemble the cake - put one cake on the serving plate and spread with strawberry jam, then pipe the cream on top. Put the other layer of the cake on top and sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
8) Enjoy with your favourite cup of tea!
Our customers love our Victoria Sandwich with Isle of Man Creamery fresh cream