Rich and indulgent cheesecake for an extra sweet treat
For the Base:
50g Butter (melted)
For the Filling:
900g Cream Cheese
500ml Double Cream
3 Tablespoon Icing Sugar
1 ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
2 Measures of Amaretto Liqueur
Zest of 2 Oranges
For the Base
1) Line a 12inch Spring Form Cake Tin with greaseproof Paper.
2) Crush the biscuits in a food processor or with a rolling pin until they have the consistency of a fine breadcrumb.
3) Add the Melted Butter to the biscuits and mix until combined, then place into lined tin and smooth out until approximately 1.5cm thick.
4) Now Place into a Fridge for approximately 30mins.
For the Cheesecake
1) Pour the Double Cream, Icing Sugar, Almond Extract & Vanilla into a Large Mixing Bowl & Whip until Stiff.
2) In a Separate bowl whisk the Amaretto, Orange Zest & Cream Cheese until well Combined
3) Now fold the 2 mixtures together in a figure of 8 motion until well combined
4) Now spread the mixture onto the base and smooth off the top
5) Now place into a fridge for approx 2 hours or over night.
Tip: Once the tin is full, gently knock on a table to try and disperse any air bubbles.
Our customers love our Victoria Sandwich with Isle of Man Creamery fresh cream